National Siblings Day Custom Canvas 4/10/17
National Siblings Day is the perfect time to spread the love and celebrate family! This custom stencil designs canvas will show your brother or sister how much you really enjoy being their forever friend.
If you have a brother or sister you know that there is no bond like the one you share. This year National Siblings Day is Monday April 10th. Celebrate, show off your crafting skills, and love for your sibling by creating a custom stenciled canvas. National Siblings Day is the perfect time to spread the love and celebrate family!
How to make your own National Siblings Day Canvas:
Get started by creating your custom stencil. I used a variety of fonts and images I thought would be fitting for the text. You could either create your own design with our custom stencil designer using stock fonts and images, or you could contact us via our quote request form.
- Gather your supplies!
- I used a 9″x12” canvas for this specific project, but you could use a larger size if you wanted. Next, pick out what colors you would like to use. I decided to keep it simple this time around, however the color combinations are endless.
- For the background of the canvas, I just crumpled up some paper towels, carefully dipped them in the light green paint, and lightly dabbed it onto the canvas. This will give a nice textured look to the background. You can also achieve this look with a sea sponge.
- Once the background is dry you can start stenciling!
- I recommend applying a coat of spray adhesive to the back of the stencil to keep it in place while you’re stenciling. This will help prevent paint bleeding under the stencil. Using light coats of paint will also ensure that there is as little paint bleeding as possible!
- Once your stencil is in place you can start to apply your paint. Again, make sure you are using very light coats of paint to prevent bleeding.
- Once the paint has dried for a few minutes you can remove your stencil from the canvas. Remove the stencil slowly starting from the corner, this will help prevent paint from peeling off with the stencil.
- After the stencil has been removed you can go back through and touch up/cover up any bridging lines with a fine stencil brush.
This canvas is a great way to show your brother or sister how much you really enjoy being their forever friend. It would also brighten up any child’s bedroom, especially if they share the room with their brother or sister!
If this is intended as a gift, wait for the paint to dry completely and wrap it with a funky gift paper! Don’t forget to include a sweet note to your sibling and enjoy watching their reaction as they open their unique gift!
HAPPY STENCILING- JENNA & STENCILS ONLINE